AJAX Form Trifecta: JQuery, nodeapi, and form_alter
Presenter:Michael J Haggerty
Date:Fri, 10/24/2008 9:00am
Drupal Version:Drupal 5
Drupal Version:Drupal 6
- jQuery, hook_nodeapi and hook_form_alter;
- A how-to session regarding best practices for creating slick-looking AJAX forms in Drupal capable of submitting page information without the need for full page submits, and updating the current page based on responses from the server.
- Discusses the use of jQuery to create effects and interaction between the browser and server, hook_form_alter to get the forms looking just right, and hook_nodeapi to handle requests received.
- Also, a common design challenge is creating associations between nodes during the AJAXForm submission process. This session will deal with how to handle the underlying logic for creating relationships on form pages using Drupal settings in jQuery.
- This session will use a live demo of a system in action demonstrating all of the concepts in place, example code during the presentation, and code samples for people to take away.
- UPDATE: I noticed many of the registrants for Drupalcamp listed themselves as point and click developers, Drupal themers, or just starting. Putting together the presentation to be accesible to everyone.